Now, at the end of last night's game Joe Bowen was saying that you'd really like to point to one positive thing you did after a night like this, but the Leafs couldn't. I disagree. Here's 10 positives that Leafs fans can take out of last night's loss:
1. The Leafs penalty killers went 5 for 6, allowing a 5 on 3 goal. Much better than a .54% kill rate, anyway.
2. The Leafs played about a period and a half that looked really great, except for an insanely soft goal. That's like, almost half a game. If you combined that with the minutes we played well against Pittsburgh and Washington, that's like a win and a third.
3. The Monster's fragile Swedish psyche has yet to be subjected to the worst this team can do in front of him.
4. Because Viktor Stalberg has been out cold these past couple of games we can't call him out for being a bust yet.
5. We've boosted the self-esteem of hockey fans across two nations, and made the fantasy owners of anyone who didn't draft Leafs very happy.
6. Beauchemin and Komisarek have many years ahead to make this up to us.
7. The organization is committed to the proper development of it's youngsters. By the keeping older, higher paid, worse players up on the team while they toil in the AHL.
8. Since neither Orr nor Wallin were signed to score goals, we're 2 for 2 on free agent forwards meeting expectations.
9. The Leafs are getting lots and lots of practice at losing. At least they'll be best in the league at something.
10. The Leafs are saving journalists across Canada from the mental breakdowns that would occur when attempting to write a positive Leafs article.
Don't we all feel better now?
Maple Leafs at 50 SPC limit, per report - Cap Friendly have changed their accounting of the SPC limit for the Maple Leafs. Per a report today, the Toronto Maple Leafs are at the 50 SPC limit and...
2 hours ago